Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Frullet will have to live for another week.....

My poor Jax has quite the 'do lately. It tends to grow much faster in the back than it does in the front, so on a good day, he has a mullet. On a bad one? He wakes up with an unmanageable fro that goes along with his mullet, ie..the frullet. His hair is so much finer than Kyle's. Kyle has this thick, gorgeous hair and Jax, well, he has my hair: thin and straight as a board. Some how that straight hair finds a way to stand on its end when he has slept a certain way--hence, the frullet.

Due to one of my many violations of motherhood (I let Jax sleep on his tummy at an early age), his under-layer of hair has not really grown. It's kind of hard to picture, but if you lift the top of his hair, he just has peach fuzz underneath. This is doing his frullet no favors.

Anyway, I tried to make an appointment for both of the boys' haircuts, but Ms. Cindy (Chrissy's wonderful momma) doesn't have an opening until next week. I made them on two separate days. Yeah, I don't think I can manage both of my boys in a beauty shop at the same time. Sue me.

Kyle is still loving his new Pre-K, St. Christopher's. I'm so happy, because he is happy. As most of you know, when Kyle isn't happy, nobody's happy! :-)
I shouldn't tease, Kyle is a very well behaved student and a great big brother. He just sometimes turns into a demon-child. That's normal, right? Right???

I give up my reign as Escambia County's Teacher of the Year next week. We selected our new one today after classroom observations. I would tell you who it is, but I would have to kill ya, and most of you couldn't care less. It's been a fun and exciting year, and I am still shocked--12 months later.

Happy Mardi Gras to all!

1 comment:

  1. mandi,
    thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!! i'm so happy you have a blog now! i'm not good at keeping up with facebook so this is great! let me know when youll be visiting! would love to come too!!! miss you all! the boys are getting sooo big and soooo freak'n cute!

    ReplyDelete